Thursday, September 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Welcome to my new house! Let me show you around...



To the right side of the house and up the stairs is the entrance to my residence



If you look closely at the front door, you can see one of my favorite features of the house: an actual mail slot! We don't get to use it because the postal workers want everyone to have a mail box for safety reasons. Lame, but oh well. We love the slot!



As you enter the door, you head straight up the stairs. The doorway that leads to the hall has the awesome curtains. They block out some light, but if it is sound you're looking to block-you're outta luck. If you turn left at the top of the stairs...


...you enter the living/family room as well as the little office I created for myself. I found the desk for seven bucks at a yard sale. I felt good about the purchase.



If you turn right at the top of the stairs...



...you enter the dining room.



This is the window in the wall that I was talking about yesterday. We have had multiple people try to climb through and so far only one has been successful. You can watch the video on CoCo's blog.



Through the dining room, you enter our tiny kitchen. There's lots of storage space but hardly any counter space.



Another one of my favorite features of this house is the blinds. They roll up and down (like maps in classrooms at school). It's fun to me because I think it is such an old fashioned thing. The windows go up and down via a string and a pulley. It's pretty rockin' sweet. (Sorry about the towel, I had just gotten out of the shower)



Straight through the doorway, in the hall is the hall closet which is pretty full of stuff.



We all have a lot of stuff.



If you walk straight through the doorway at the top of the stairs, you enter the hallway. If you turn left in the hallway you enter...



...my bedroom.



The limited closet space is ridiculous. My clothes are jam packed. I tried to get rid of some clothes, but I wasn't very successful. I have to keep some clothes on my book shelf and my work clothes belong under my bed.



If you turn right down the hallway, you'll find...



...the bathroom.



My favorite feature in the bathroom is the doorknob. I think the lock is old fashioned and fancy. I love old/seemingly old things.



If you walk through the hallway and look at the ceiling, you'll see the entrance to the attic. This is where our bird friends live. We hear them peck and scratch at the door. Sometimes we hear them chirping. There have been a couple of times when I have been in the bathroom and I can hear them pecking at the fan. For a while, these noises would scare us because we couldn't figure out what was causing these noises. Then we saw a bird fly into a hole outside of our house and we put two and two together. Baker and CoCo decided to play with the attic entrance one Saturday. Check out CoCo's blog for the full story.



If you turn right down the hallway and venture to the end of the hall, you will enter...



CoCo's and Doomer's bedroom.



And that's my home. This is where I live now. We don't have our own washer or dryer. We don't have a dish washer. We don't have a canal running through our backyard. But we do have awesome green carpet and hard wood floors. We do have lots of built in shelf space. We do have plenty of room to park our cars. We do have lots of good times. Dorothy was right, there's no place like home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad to see that you are still out there. I was missing your blog. I need a new address from you thou. So will you email that to us. Thanks and good luck this semester ok.

george & clarine review said...

Over all that home looks to be very large. gwh

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I love the fact that you have a towel on your head. Absolutely perfect.