Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Know, I Know...

It has been a while since I last blogged. Over a month to be exact. I haven't had my own Internet connection until last Friday (we were borrowing from a kind soul who's connection wasn't password protected) but I've had access, so I can't use the excuse that I was Internetless. I am halfway through my fourth week of school and it really hasn't been all that busy, so I can't use the excuse that I've been busy with school. What it comes down to is this: I just haven't felt like blogging. So here's the latest...

My House:
I am really enjoying my new house. I miss all of the space in my house from last school year and I miss all of the "extras" (dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, etc.) from my summer house, but I'm likin' my new place, too. We have birds that reside in our attic and a little window through the wall that we have used multiple time for entertainment purposes. I'll have a more detailed blog on that one later.

Roommates:
I am living with CoCo and Doomer again and there's a new addition this year. Her name is Lindsey, but we call her Baker. She and Doomer work together at Kohl's and Baker needed a place to live. One thing led to another and BAM! we have a new roommate. It's kind of nice to have an even four instead of an odd three.

School:
I am taking twelve credits this semester (the fewest amount of credits I have taken in all of my college career) and I am really likin' the time on my hands. I don't really love any of my classes, but they're bearable and they all get me closer to graduation. This is my last semester of actual classes and studying and tests. I student teach next semester so instead of taking the tests and studying for them, I will be writing them and administering them. Awesome, eh?

Social Life (I have no love life, that's why this blurb is titled "social life"):
Hanging out. That's what we do, much to Elder Oaks' dismay. I have been to Island Park with the Mow Crew, I went to Peach Days with my roommates, I attended the Senior Kick-Off Party last week and I got my picture in the school paper. We still play football on Tuesday evenings and the Mow Crew tries to get together for dinner once a week. No progression here, much to MY dismay...

Work:
I am still working for Logan City. I put in a few hours on Monday and Friday mornings, a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, a few more hours a two or three nights a week when I lock bathrooms, and a few more hours when I open bathrooms on Saturday mornings. Still loving my job and wondering if that's what I should do with the rest of my life instead...I teach piano two days a week and I just acquired two more students today. I now have a grand total of five students and although some days are terribly frustrating, I enjoy the experience.

Spare Time:
I have been going to the driving range once a week to hit a half bucket of balls. I have actually invested in my own bag of tees so I will no longer need to be a "tee bum" and scrounge the ground in hopes of finding tees that haven't been broken by other golfers. Where did I get the clubs, you may wonder? They're the old, used ones that have been passed down from Dad, Justin, and Clark. They aren't quality clubs, but they meet the needs for my limited experience. Tomorrow I am going to attend a meeting that will hopefully schedule me to be a volunteer tutor of math and reading to some elementary students throughout the valley. I read a book here and there, do a few crossword puzzles, and chat with the roommies.

There you have it my friends; the exciting life of the Lone Loganer!

4 comments:

Justin said...

Good to see you posting again. Don't let another month and a half go by before the next one.

george & clarine review said...

My your life sounds so full, yet you talk like it is just mundane and so common. gwh

Shurtliff Family said...

Laners-- I was getting a little worried about hearing from you in so long. Then I remembered-- I am thoroughly impressed with your blogging (or should I say digital scrapbooking..hehehe) that I really cannot complain. Every day you amaze me even more and more with your talents and going out of your comfort zone if you know what I mean. =) Good to hear from you. Give me a call if you are in need or want some serious chatting to go on. Love you girl!

Shurtliff Family said...

Arrg-- don't look at my writing skills in the last post. Guess I should have proof read that better.