Monday, October 20, 2008

Being Adventurous

Last weekend was Fall Break which meant I didn't have any classes on Friday. Thursday after classes, Colette and I headed to West Valley to pick up Patrick and then headed on down to St. George. Colette has family there that was kind enough to let us stay for a few days. Aunt Linda made some delicious food. Cousin Jake came shooting with us. Cousin Sara kept us up late playing games. Uncle Tim was kind enough to entertain us for a few days.

It was an adventurous trip for me because I went 4-Wheeling for the first time, I ate cracked-wheat cereal for the first time, I ate tin foil dinners for the first time, I helped saddle/bridle a horse for the first time, I shot guns for the second time; and so each experience was an adventure for me.

Colette and myself enjoying the homemade teeter-totter



Patrick and I playing on the little thing you that ride on. Colette was so kind as to make an obstacle course for our entertainment.



My First 4-Wheeling Experience (if you look closely, you can see my hand sticking awkwardly out of Patrick's shoulder)



We rode the 4-Wheelers to a massive rock. We climbed up to a little cave...(Notice the plastic bag on CoCo's hand. She broke two fingers at Tuesday night football last week and she was trying to keep the splint as clean as possible)



...and looked at some petroglyphs.



Patrick decided to climb underneath the large, fallen rock.



We ventured around the large rock. (This picture reminds me of a cartoon-if she takes one wrong step, she'll fall into the cacti)



Patrick was much more adventurous than the rest of us.



The rock we climbed contrasted with the beautiful blue sky



Enjoying the scenery together



Taking a little nap before heading out



I didn't realized that 4-Wheeling was such a dirty past time. I was cleaning dirt out of my eyes until the next morning.



On Saturday, Uncle Tim was kind enough to take us shooting.



All prepared with ear protection



Loading the magazine with bullets. I never thought I would ever load a magazine to shoot a gun.



Shooting the .22 Rifle



Shooting the shot gun. This can definitely be a painful process if you don't hold the gun just right.



Patrick shot the revolver. CoCo loves this picture because you can see the smoke from the gun.



Uncle Tim taught us a little bit about this hand gun. I didn't shoot this one, but looking at it made me a little nervous-if you can't tell...



After we had some lunch, we went horseback riding!



Getting acquainted with the horses that we didn't ride.



I really enjoy riding horses.



Colette and Cousin Sara



We finished off our Saturday by heading over to the temple to take a few pictures.



I had seen the St. George temple before last weekend, but I couldn't remember it at all.



Over the weekend I learned:
1. 4-Wheeling is a lot a lot of fun; however, it doesn't trump snow mobiling for me.
2. I love shooting guns. If I marry myself a man who owns guns-BONUS!
3. I enjoy riding horses, but I am too passive to be good at it. I get nervous and so I am not controlling enough to make the horse go where I want it to go.
4. The St. George Temple comes in as a close second to the San Diego Temple (which is my favorite).

It really was a fabulous weekend. It was so nice to have a break from work and classes and homework. The weather was beautiful and the company was fabulous. Couldn't have asked for anything more!

1 comment:

Ben and Camille said...

FUN! I love shooting guns! And I love that I'm better at it than Ben is:)
Love reading your posts--I miss you!
We need to wrestle.