Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Yellowcard

Last night Julie, Jessie, and I had the opportunity to go to the Yellowcard concert at the Spectrum. It was an acoustic concert, which I have never experienced before, but it was very enjoyable. We had a wonderful time. It was Julie's first concert experience and Jessie's first non-country-music concert.

Patiently waiting for the doors to open (Yup, you counted right. I have five neck rolls in this picture)



Sportin' the general admission wrist bands



Attempting to hide the neck rolls



Our legs got too exhausted and we had to sit for a little while



Allred was the first act. He took a number of popular songs and put them all into one. I didn't know any of his original stuff so it was fun to listen to/sing along with the song combination.



Enjoying ourselves in between acts



Jason Reeves was the next act. His final song was "Someone, Somewhere". I hadn't heard any of his stuff before, but he wasn't too bad.



Jessie and I pondering the idea of "someone, somewhere".



And finally, YELLOWCARD!



Rockin' out between all the strangers



The music was awesome. I really enjoyed the acoustic versions of Yellowcard's music.



It was a hot, sweaty, squishy, loud concert. Being pushed up against strangers for three-four hours is quite the experience. I got conked on the head a few times by crowd surfers. I even got knocked to my knees at one point; but that's concerts for ya and experiences like those won't keep me from attending others. I enjoyed all of it and I hope Julie and Jessie enjoyed their experiences, too.

2 comments:

george & clarine review said...

I'm glad I wasn't there. gwh

Anonymous said...

Too fun. Love concerts!