Sunday, February 24, 2008

Vantage Point and Cell Phone Roulette


I went and saw Vantage Point yesterday with my friend, Heather (we went to Spain together). I enjoyed the movie. It was nice to see Dennis Quaid in a movie again. It was an action packed film and it took place in my Salamanca (where I spent six weeks of my life two years ago) at Plaza Mayor (where we met up every night as a group to hang out together). I heard it was actually filmed at a replica in Mexico but it was still exciting to see my cathedral on the big screen. Would I see it in theatres again? Probably not. Would I recommend that other people see it in theatres? Yes, if you enjoy a good action movie. But I think it is one definitely worth watching when it comes out on video. Is it one I will own? Probably not unless someone bought it for me.

After the movie we met a group of girls for a delicious dinner at Firehouse. Heather (a friend from Spain), her roommate, Heidi, and myself went back to their house to play a little Cell Phone Roulette.

What is this game you ask? We deal out a deck of cards and each player flips one card over at a time. Whoever flips over the queen of diamonds must then take out their cell phone, prepare a generic text such as "Hey, how are you?" or the popular one last night "What's up buttercup?" The player must then surrender her phone to someone else who then scrolls through the phone book. The owner of the phone chooses when the scrolling ends but doesn't get to see who it lands on. The text is sent to the unknown receiver. The owner of the phone doesn't get to see who the text was sent to until the receiver either texts back or the game ends.

We agreed on playing seven rounds. After seven rounds, I hadn't sent out one message. Heidi had sent out four and Heather had sent out three. They both agreed I needed to get hit so we played until I got hit. After 11 rounds, I was hit once. My text got sent to a boy named Edgar, from Nigeria, who I met four years ago and haven't seen or talked to for two. He didn't respond; but Heather and Heidi got a kick outta that one.

We then played an exciting game of Scattergories which I lost. I just wasn't on my game last night. I had played on Friday night with Colette and my old roommate Colleen and I won. But last night was no bueno.
My best answer on Friday: Letter H-things found in fairy tales-happily ever after
My best answer on Saturday: Letter K-things found in New York City-King Kong

2 comments:

Darby said...

I'm glad we never played cell phone roulette at the 6, but it could have been tons of fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.