Thursday, August 14, 2008

Move Along

Another summer is practically gone. Some of my fellow workers finish work tomorrow. College classes resume one week from Monday. Tomorrow is the day that I move out of my house. This summer has gone by in a flash and I don't think I am quite ready for it to be over. It's amazing how time never seems to wait for me...

I have been packing since Monday. I figured if I did a little bit every day then I wouldn't stress myself out on Thursday night. What a good idea that was! I have everything packed that could possibly be packed and I am feeling great.

I own a few things that are too big or awkward to fit in a box.


I also own lots of things that can be boxed. I have neatly packed everything I own and surprisingly enough I was able to get all of it into SIXTEEN boxes. I feel good about that number especially because some of the boxes are pretty small.



I don't have to be out of my current house until 6 p.m. tomorrow evening, which is really convenient. I can get up and do some cleaning, move everything out when my parents arrive, and finish cleaning in the afternoon. I took tomorrow off of work in order to make all of this possible.

The downside to all of this is that my new house won't be ready for me until next Wednesday. So what do I do with all of my stuff? My new landlord has been kind enough to allow me to store my belongings in an apartment, which he owns, that is nearby. I have way too many things. I would never be able to fit all of my stuff in my car even if Dad and Grandpa Clark teamed up to pack it. So the situation isn't what I would call convenient; however, I do appreciate my landlord's generosity in providing a place for my material possessions.

After all of the moving happens, I am headed to Island Park for a weekend getaway with some co-workers. Upon my return I will be staying with Jessie and Lacee at their apartment because I will be homeless from 6 p.m. tomorrow evening until Wednesday when I start moving into my new house.

I am pretty sure this will be the last move I make here in Logan, Utah. I can't say that packing and moving boxes is my favorite thing on Earth. I can say that I hate the cleaning process that comes with the moving even more than the actual packing and moving. Alas, the end of the summer is here and moving is inevitable. One more year. One more set of roommates. One more house. One more move. It is time once again to move along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your move. You will have to get me your new address. We want a tour like when you moved from your last place ok. Have a great semester.