Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmases in Review

First of all, I am done with finals for the rest of my life! I am quite excited about this. Finals week, classes, regular trips up to campus-it's all over! I am free of homework and studying FOREVER! I will start my student teaching experience at South Cache in Hyrum once the new semester begins. But let's not think about the new semester just yet. Let's focus on something a little more exciting. Something like...CHRISTMAS!

This is our Christmas tree. We bought it for $14 a couple of weeks ago at a local place. Cassie thinks it's too Charlie Brown but I think it is a perfect college student tree. My favorite part is how many presents are under that tree! Can you believe it? Some of them were for our roommate gift exchange and some of them are for family.



Instead of drawing names for the four of us, we all shopped for each other. We had a wonderful time opening gifts together. This is our mess from the presents. It seemed to just grow and grow.



From Baker I got a pair of slippers and a new workout video. Colette gave me a framed picture of the four of us, a Fox40 whistle, a beanie, and a fresh pack of Yahtzee score cards. I got the soundtrack to "Mamma Mia" and a Utah State University Alumni license plate frame from Cassie. What a wonderful roommate Christmas.



On Thursday we did a mow crew gift exchange. We drew names and kept a $5 limit for our exchange. We ate a delicious dinner and then took turns opening our presents.

Taylor got a necklace from Kasumi, Chuck got a target practice set-complete with two guns, and I got some "sensual" lotion, body wash, and pillow mist.



Al got a ball gun, Tyler got a Nerf basketball hoop (Todd was SO excited about his present for Tyler), and Justin got a Chuck Norris DVD-complete with three different shows.



Lacee gave Todd a Whoopee cushion, some stink bags, and some silly puddy. Shanda got a lava lamp from Chuck. My favorite part was when Chuck told Shanda, "I thought I had a light bulb that fit, but I didn't so...I was already at $4.50 and if I bought a light I'd go over the limit so...you need a 25 watt bulb."



Jason got a sling shot, Jessie got some "stress reliever" lotion, body wash, and pillow mist. JC got a slinky which he was quite excited about. He was even more excited when he found out it was a metal slinky. After we finished opening presents, he went right to the stairs and attempted to get the slinky to slink all the way down.


Lacee got socks from Justin. These aren't just any socks though. These are thick socks with little stickies on the bottom. When Lacee found the stickies she exclaimed, "And these are so I don't fall on my face...so much."



They were both fabulous Christmas experiences and I am ready for more. I am excited to have three weeks to play with family and friends, eat delicious holiday food, and be out of school. I am currently in Kaysville playing with the nephews, Kim, and Chris. I'll head to Idaho Falls tomorrow and spend a week or so there before we leave for Hawaii! I hope your Christmases are full of all kinds of wonderful goodness!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hawaii, what???? Sheesh, talk about a good Christmas! Sounds like you have been having so much fun. Hopefully the fun just never ends!

Anonymous said...

What is pillow mist?

Sounds unpleasant.

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks