Sunday, December 7, 2008

Lookin' at the Lights



Jessie, Lacee, and I headed to Salt Lake on Friday night. We had a delicious meal at Crown Burgers and then headed to Temple Square to look at the lights. We parked at my grandparents condo and walked over. Lining the sidewalk on our way to the lights were little green columns. Jessie hopped over one and looked really cool. As we passed some more I told Lacee to give it a try. She went for it, but only faked it. We laughed and kept walking. As we continued on our way we passed a set of four. I thought to myself "Perfect opportunity to look as cool as Jessie." So I tried to hop the first one...and I chickened out. I attempted the second one...same thing. I tried the third and fourth ones and still chickened out both times. I continued on, my pride a little hurt, but luckily Jessie and Lacee were the only witnesses of my stupidity-that time...

We met up with Justin (mow crew) and his family at the Visitor's Center. We walked around together, took some fun pictures, and got warm in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

(Left) Al and Me (Right) Lacee, Me, Todd, and Jessie



Inside the Joseph Smith Memorial Building



Posin' at the Pond



Can you feel the love?



We took turns jumping from the ledge



My secret cheer-leader skills



...remember my story about the columns at the beginning? Well, here's the rest of the story. So we finished walking around and we were saying our goodbyes and I spotted another green column. I thought, "Ok. Redeem yourself, you fool." I told Jessie, "This is it." I raised my arms to a V (like a gymnast) and quickly proceeded toward the column. I found myself feeling nervous but determined. I saw my hands placed on top of the column, I saw myself about to go over and I freaked out. "What if I can't get my feet down in time! This could really hurt!" So I started rotating around the top of the column. Losing momentum, I held on for dear life and slid down the pole landing in this position:



No worries. I didn't get hurt. I just felt incredibly stupid. Not only were Jessie and Lacee there, but so was Justin and his whole family as well as TONS of innocent bystanders. It took me a second to regain enough composure to be able to get back on my feet.

The lights were beautiful, the company entertaining, and only a moment embarrassing.

5 comments:

george & clarine review said...

It was O such a good blog!!!! gwh

Kim said...

ha ha ha. don't we all have moments like that?

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

I so wish I was in SLC right now. I love it there this time of the year with all the lights!! It's so beautiful!!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Happy Holidays!

hayleemj said...

The lights are so beautiful!! I love the colum story... you look pretty cute down there holding onto it like that! ;) I miss you laney and all those good times!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Especially the toe-touches and the gymnastic moves. Wish I could be there to witness that.