Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Jules Ruiz



Today little Julie turns fifteen. I can hardly believe that she is such a beautiful teenager. She totally missed the awkward stage of being a girl (looks wise I mean) and it makes me a little jealous. She's always been beautiful. When I was her age...YIKES!

Julie is very mature for her age and I admire that. Her maturity has strengthened our relationship and has allowed us to have the kinds of conversations you can't have with other ninth graders.

One of my favorite memories with Julie...we were getting ready for bed at the same time one night. We heard a weird drum beat coming from somewhere. She turned to me with a worried look and asked me, "What is that?" I don't remember what I told her because I don't remember where the sound was coming from. After I responded she started laughing and said, "Oh. I heard the drums and I thought the Africans are coming!" I love this girl. She never fails to make me laugh.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!

2 comments:

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

JaLAYNE! So funny Rob is in institute with you!!! Small world! Keep an eye on the boy... he's trouble. hehe

Kim said...

That is too cute. Apparently your sister is amazing, due to the fact that brother Hillam sent a qoute from her to all the parents of the fellow 9th graders in seminary. My dad of course, forwarded it on to me. Nice! and, I agree about when I was her age...totally awkward looking!!