Sunday, February 15, 2009

What the Random?

I guess I got tagged or something about twenty-five random things about myself. Since it has been a while I figure, why not?

1. I have lost eleven pounds since November

2. I don't mind the smell of skunks. Sometimes I secretly enjoy it a little bit

3. In only eleven days I move to New Zealand for two months

4. If I were extremely ambitious and really enjoyed school, I would work on a masters and a PhD and become a gynecologist

5. I don't ever want to teach 14-15-year olds again

6. When I was in fifth grade, my dream was to be Eponine in Les Miserables

7. I used to think that a green convertible was the coolest car ever

8. I pooped my pants while walking on the beach in Oregon the summer before my senior year of high school

9. My favorite Disney movie is Hercules

10. I have only been on one second date

11. I didn't reach my goal of becoming a True Aggie before I graduated

12. I don't like my food to touch on my plate during meals; if it happens to touch, I won't eat the parts that touched

13. Meatloaf was my favorite meal growing up

14. I have to plug my nose when I go under water

15. When I played house or Barbies growing up, I would always pretend that I was 17-the ideal age because you're old enough to date and drive but you can't live away from home yet

16. The only bone I have ever broken was a toe

17. I have absolutely no tolerance for snakes and I am pretty weak with spiders

18. I don't know if I have the strength to teach other peoples' children for the rest of my life

19. I love to burp, the louder the better (Do you know any males that appreciate a belching woman?)

20. I have been to more than half of the fifty states and I have two stamps in my passport (soon to be three)

21. I haven't held hands, cuddled, or kissed anyone since I started college

22. I have a total of 20 cousins and I know them all

23. Student teaching is as hard as everybody says it is

24. I am terrible with managing money

25. During my third week of teaching, I walked into the school with my skirt tucked halfway up the front of my thighs and one of the male teachers was kind enough to make me aware of the situation

And there you have it!

1 comment:

diane said...

Keep teaching Jalayne. Don't be a pansy. You have to persist with teenagers. At first they always like to make you feel like you're an idiot. Just learn to be yourself even when others may not be thinking positive and shrug it off. I hated student teaching too, your own classroom is better because you establish the climate. Not someone else.