Saturday, May 24, 2008

Jalaurel Moshatcher


Meet Laurel Mosbacker. She and I met the first two weeks of classes during our freshman year and we were practically inseparable after that. We lived together in Hillside our sophomore year and became known as "Jalaurel Moshatcher". That year of living together was a year of laughter, fights, and tears; but we made it through.




There were endless nights of watching chick flicks and eating Jenny's stuff together. We giggled ourselves to sleep most nights and woke up the next morning with laughter hangovers. Together, we participated in our first:

Bean Dip Night,




roommate dance party,


and "Top of the A 5k Fun Run at Midnight". Her favorite thing to make was banana cookies. I had never had banana cookies until I met Laurel. There never were a lot of actual cookies to eat because Laurel ate most of the dough. The cookies never turned out the way they were supposed to (icing was either too runny or too chunky and the cookies looked a little funny) but they tasted delicious.

We separated for a summer (she to BYU and me to Spain) and reunited once for a sleep over at her BYU apartment where we made banana cookies). In the fall we moved to Hillside to live together again for part of our junior year. I say part because she turned her mission papers in and left for the MTC on February 7th 2006. She now preaches the gospel to the people in Greece and seems to be as happy as a clown.







My bananas went bad this week. I attempted to eat one of them on Wednesday but I just couldn't get even one bite down. So I decided to use the remaining banana in a recipe. Thursday was my turn to cook for my dinner circle and I needed some dessert so I made banana cookies. Laurel would be so proud (maybe even a little jealous) because they turned out PERFECTLY! The cookies not only looked edible, they were perfectly rounded and cooked to perfection. The icing wasn't runny or chunky and spread like a dream. My dinner circle loved it. None of them had eaten banana cookies before and they were all impressed.




Laurel will return from her mission at the end of the summer. I don't know her exact release date but her 18th month mark is August 7th. Sadly enough, we won't be living together in the fall. I will be finishing school at Utah State and Laurel will be attending BYU. Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of Jalaurel Moshatcher.

1 comment:

george & clarine review said...

What a marvelous post!!! gwh