Friday, May 2, 2008

A Day with the Boys

Since I finished school on Monday I have had all week to entertain myself. I think I did a pretty good job of finding things to do while leaving my roommates to their studies. Luckily, there were other people that were done with school and were willing to play with me. It's been a fun week and I am kind of sad it is over. I've enjoyed the lack of educational responsibility. I have loved feeling like a free spirit-not a care in the world. I'm sure that would get old pretty quickly though so it's back to the real world on Monday. Monday marks the beginning of early mornings and no more late nights.

To entertain myself yesterday, I decided to drive down to Centerville and spend time with Kim and her boys. Elliott and I had a marvelous time playing a few songs on the piano, playing in his fort, and watching Sesame Street.


Playing in the fort together


Elliott really enjoyed standing on top of his fort and jumping off the edge into the sea of stuffed animals.

Once when Elliott was trying to climb his fort, he hit his mouth on the edge. I wanted to check for blood and bit lips so I showed him what to do.



That's me at my most attractive, I know it!

Quinn and I enjoyed a wonderful nap together. I love sleeping with a baby on my chest; there's something about it that is just so tender.


Mom and Dad stopped by for a little bit. They were in the area to do a little shopping for the remodeled portion of the house. I had a good time running errands and chatting with Dad. Sometimes being away from home and away from family isn't all it's cracked up to be; it was nice to spend time with the fam yesterday.

After putting Elliott in the tub, I headed to Bountiful to meet Bailey for dinner. We enjoyed a delicious Chinese meal at Pei Wei and some scrumptious cookies at Paradise Bakery. It was a wonderful visit.

The day concluded with holding Quinn one last time before my departure. He's a sweet little baby. I'm looking forward to the time I get to spend with all of my nephews as they grow and develop into fun little boys.

No comments: