Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Adventures of Coney

After a day full of packing, loading, and unloading Colette, Carla (Colette's sister), Rory, and myself decided to do something fun. We sat around my new house and brainstormed fun ideas. Colette exclaimed, "We still need to get rid of the cone!" So off we went.


While trying to decide where to leave it, Colette said we should take some pictures with it. What a wonderful idea! Let's drive all over town with property that isn't our own and take pictures with it! I really thought it was a wonderful idea.

We took pictures with the Aggie statue.



We took pictures at a park bench by the temple, overlooking the city.



We took pictures on the dock at First Dam and with the ducks.



This is where we had some legal problems. We were trying to find the next good pose when a sheriff's vehicle pulled up. There were quite a few parked cars and so my first thought was that he was going to send them all home. Colette saw his car and asked "Are we not supposed to be here at night?" And I responded with, "Uh-oh. We have a cone."

The nice police man called us on over and inquired about the cone. "Where did you get it? Why do you have it?" We told him where we got it and I told him we were "borrowing" it so we could take some pictures. He didn't quite believe my picture story so he asked to see the camera. I stood next to his truck and scrolled through all the pictures we had taken with the cone. He laughed out loud at the pictures taken on the bull and questioned our feelings for the cone when he saw Rory's lips on it. The kind police man ended with "You take that cone back where you found it. College students don't need a theft on their record-it would be much more difficult to find a job. It is a theft you know. Go return it and have a good night!" And with that he drove away.

"One more stop won't hurt!" I said, so we headed to a nearby park to take a couple more pictures.

Colette gave me a boost into the tree. She also helped me down from the tree but my foot hit something weird in her leg and she collapsed to the ground. Luckily, I was out of tree and no one was hurt.

We tried to balance Coney (Colette's title for the cone) on a regular swing, but he just wouldn't have any of that. We resorted to the baby swing instead.


We returned to the car and said our goodbyes to Coney.

On our way home, Rory dropped off the cone in the street for us.


We started a good year with taking that cone, and we finished an awesome year with saying goodbye to that cone. Another year down. Another summer to go. Another house empty. Another house to live in. And on and on the cycle will go until the end of time.

4 comments:

Hatch Family said...

Funny pictures! Where did you end up moving to?

Colette said...

Ah, poor Coney - when I left town on Sunday he was still tipped over in the curb. I felt like going over and helping him up - however, I decided to not touch anymore state property like that and left him laying there.
Good times though - fun memories!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time! I love seeing exciting pictures. Where is your new house? Let us know.

Colette said...

I hope that you read this comment before I come back in another week - but I have a surprise for you when I return. You never emailed me - so I am telling you here that I have a fun surprise for you - oh, and I think that your mom is great!