Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My New Residence

I am finally situated for the summer months. I have found a new place to live, my first summer course is almost over, and my wonderful job is in full swing. My new place is amazing. I absolutely love it. I miss some things about my old house; for instance, I lived in the basement so it was MUCH cooler-that would have been nice for the summer season. However, my new house has some wonderful perks as well:


This is the front entryway/dining area. There's lots of open space, I never feel crammed.



My wonderful kitchen (complete with a dishwasher)



This is the living/family room. The couches are absolutely amazing-WAY better than the couches at my last house. The back door leads to an awesome backyard along the canal. We have a little grassy area and a bridge that leads over the canal. On the other side of the canal we have a little fire pit and TONS of trees. It is kind of like a mini-forest in my own backyard. I love it. We had a fire there on Saturday night. Hopefully there will be a lot more fires in the future.



My own room! There is actually quite a bit of space. I think it would be pretty easy to fit two people in here but I won't complain. I have two closets and a built-in vanity complete with spacious drawers. I have really enjoyed having my own room. I always thought I would get lonely, but I'm really likin' this. I can wake up for work in the early hours of the morning without feeling like I am disturbing others' sleep.




My room doesn't have a desk so I have set up my computer and my printer on my shelf. When I need to do homework or blog or whatever, I just plop on the floor. It's not the most ideal set up, but it works.




The bathroom is small, but there's only three of us so it all works out. The tub/shower is behind the door.



And my garage! I get to park in the garage! It's really nice. My roommate, Becky, parks in the other side of the garage. The other three residents of this house park diagonally on the side of the driveway. Parking is kind of tricky, but it works. I have been learning some awesome skills in reverse.


It's a wonderful place to live. The majority of the people I hang out with live across the street. It is still close to campus which is a plus since I am taking summer classes. I have two roommates, Becky and Tamera. There are two boys that live below us. I don't see them a whole lot but from what I have seen, they seem like pretty nice boys. I will be able to enjoy this wonderful place until the end of August when I get to move again...

1 comment:

george & clarine review said...

Good photos! Nice place! gwh