Sunday, June 8, 2008

Together Again



Ray and Cassie drove up this weekend to meet up with Rory, Colette, and myself. We had planned on having a friendly camping reunion but it was too cold and rainy on Friday afternoon. Everything was wet and setting up camp would have been absolutely miserable. Instead of camping we built a fire in my awesome backyard. We roasted hot dogs over the fire (which I am pretty sure I had never done before), made s'mores, and lit a few firecrackers. We spent the rest of the evening playing our own version of "Tip of the Tongue"; a fun game I had never played before. The questions are really easy and the answers are supposed to come quickly but sometimes hard to get out because the answer is on the tip of your tongue (hence the name of the game). We enjoyed ourselves and I think Rory and Ray saw a side of me they've never seen before. It was late and I was tired and I had quite a few blond moments. Let's just say I definitely provided some entertainment.

We woke up on Saturday trying to decide what to do with our day. Colette's knee was too sore to hike and Rory was too lazy so we sat around my house for a few hours attempting to make a decision. Ray finally decided that we should go shooting so we grabbed some delicious sandwiches from Old Grist Mill and headed up Providence Canyon.



It's a beautiful canyon and we enjoyed our lunch. Ray and Colette shot a little and the rest of us opted out.



This particular gun was a new addition to Rory's growing collection and it looked a little too intimidating for me so I just watched. After Ray and CoCo had their fun, I explored a wee bit in the creek.



The water was FREEZING!

We drove farther up the canyon and it was a beautiful drive. Rory handled the rough terrain well. The drive was gorgeous, the music loud, and the company entertaining.


We continued the day with going to see "Made of Honor" which was a total mistake in my opinion. We ended the day with beef enchiladas, corn bread, and "Matchstick Men".

The weekend didn't go as planned but it was a wonderful little reunion. We quoted lots of movies, shared a variety of stories, had a couple of good debates, and just enjoyed being together again.

1 comment:

Haylee said...

How come I didn't know you had a blog?! I just discovered you on Abby's blog!
You seem like you are doing great and enjoying life! I'm excited to be able to keep updated on your life through your blog.
Feel free to check out mine anytime.
justandhayjohnsonclan.blogspot.com