Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Rash of the Unknown Kind

I developed a rash yesterday. I don't know what it's from. I don't have any known allergies. I am not stressed-I am done with school. I haven't changed my diet, soap, detergent, etc. recently so I don't know what could be the cause. I shaved my legs on Saturday and again on Sunday and again today with a pretty old razor. You're probably thinking "Razor burn you idiot!" but the rash is starting to appear on my arms and I don't shave those. I've been sitting in the sun for an hour or so every day, but this has never happened before. If it's a sunburn, it's the weirdest sunburn I've ever had.

The left leg looks worse than the right leg and the left leg DEFINITELY itches more. It's splotchy on the right leg but a little more solid on the left leg. It's burny and itchy and I applied some rash cream that isn't helping.

Any ideas of what might possibly be the cause?

3 comments:

Evebluelyn's Rambling said...

When I was around your age, I started getting a rash when I had first real exposure to warm sun for a chunk of time. If it's like mine, it will go away in 5-7 days and won't return for the rest of the summer, even when you do time in the sun. I still get it when my first prolonged exposure is to a warm or hot sun. During spring break I ended up with some on my legs due to sun-time on the boat at the Great Barrier Reef.

Darby said...

At 'A' Day 2005 I totally got a weird rash on my hands. I think it was because of the sun and being out in it for too long, and not being outside in it for a while. Pick your poison. Hope it all works out! And congrats on another semester done!

Anonymous said...

pityriasis rosea

I had that in my teens, though lots of college kids get it. Unknown cause, no cure, wait it out. But if what you have doesn't fade soon (sun rash) then see a doctor.

Phil