Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Activities

This year for Halloween we participated in a variety of activities. We kicked it all off by watching "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and a week later continued our activities with a trip to Dead's End. There's a family that loves to create scary beings for Halloween. They completely transform their entire front yard, side yard, and backyard into creepy scenes. If you want to see more than what I have to offer, you can check them out at their website.





Remember, they make all of these things themselves. It's quite the hobby.





Each year they do something different with the backyard. This year they did a clown theme. The clown in the right gave Cassie and Baker a fright.



After the yard haunt, we went to pick pumpkins.



After we all found our perfect pumpkin, we headed home to carve them with some friends.



Meet Ammon, the photographer. And Baker, the knife getter.



Carvin' up a storm: Phillip, Baker, Doomer, CoCo, and Tony


My finished creation. I don't like to get creative with my pumpkins because I get easily discouraged. I like the simple, traditional jack-o-lantern face.



Doomer (with Frankenstein) and Baker (with a winking face) and their finished projects. CoCo's spider and my simple jack-o-lantern.



Mondays are long days for me so by the time we got home to carve, I still hadn't eaten dinner. I cooked up some mac and cheese and opened a can of apricots. In order to save myself from doing more dished than necessary, I ate straight from the pan and can.



I can't finish a box of macaroni by myself so David said he would finished it for me. He prefers his mac and cheese with ketchup. Doomer thought this was disgusting so David forced her to try some.



Our glowing pumpkins. Left top-down: Doomer's, mine, and Tony's. Right top-down: Baker's, CoCo's, and Phillip's



The following weekend we headed to one of the local corn mazes. Throughout the haunted maze we got split up and CoCo and Ray went at it alone.



The four of us finished first and so we took a couple of pictures while we waited.



We finished up our list of activities by decorating Halloween-shaped sugar cookies and watching "Hocus Pocus". I made and rolled out the dough while CoCo manned the cookie cutters.



Baker eating some leftover cookie dough



Ready to be frosted



We then invited our friends over to help decorate them. David helped create the interesting Halloween colors...Cassie went a little overboard in the sprinkles.



Decorating to our heart's content



Showing off our awesome skills: David, myself, Doomer, CoCo, and Kris




Eating our creations



In order to save room in the fridge we combined all of the many colored frostings and what a beautiful mix it was



I went to Spokane to visit Justin and Company for Halloween. We had a wonderful time. The boys were the cutest little cowboys ever, Ashley was a gorgeous witch, and Justin was a totally freaky Michael Meyers. I got the pleasure of taking Braxton around during trunk-or-treat. He would hold his bucket in one hand and my hand in the other. When we got to a trunk, he would reach up for some candy, place it in his bucket, reach up to grab my hand, and on we would mosey to the next trunk. I think the kid loved it. It was such a fun weekend.

Enjoying their delicious suckers.



Tucking in Justin's, excuse me, Michael Meyer's neck flesh.



Ashley-the-good-witch with Jalayne the lame-o



Me and my cute little cowboys, Taylor and Braxton.

2 comments:

Morningside Condos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hatch Family said...

We loved having you! Come back :-)