Monday, November 24, 2008

A Week of Thanks

Since Thursday is Thanksgiving, I thought I would set a goal to blog every day about something different that I am thankful for. I am going to start by expressing my gratitude for the opportunity to go to New Zealand. I went to a meeting tonight and just talking about it gets me so excited! I met two other girls that I will be going with. Tonight we talked about the language and the food. There are two people from New Zealand that work at Utah State and they came and talked to us about what words to say and what words not to say. They told us about the different kinds of food, the kind of welcome we should expect and how to receive it, etc. I will be receiving my official flight itinerary tomorrow but tonight the director told us that we will be leaving on the 27 February, we won't experience the 28 February (because we cross the international dateline), and we'll arrive in Aukland on the 1 March. We will leave from Aukland around 10:00a.m. on the 22 April and return to Salt Lake on the 22 April (because of the international dateline). I AM SO STOKED!!! Opportunities like this don't arise every day and I am so grateful that I get to be a part of this experience.

1 comment:

Ben and Camille said...

oh my gosh how freaking COOL! oh that'll be so fun. that is on my top 5 places to go in my life. lucky!