Friday, November 21, 2008

"You're the one that I want..."



Tonight Lacee and I went and saw "Grease" at Logan High. It was an awesome production. I wasn't ever impressed with the district musicals put on in Idaho Falls. I always thought the costumes were cheap, the props were few, and the talent was lacking. The talent in Cache Valley has yet to disappoint me.

A couple of years ago I went and saw "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at Sky View High School. Since it was a high school play and my past experiences weren't superb, I wasn't expecting much; however, I was greatly impressed. The costumes were well done, the props were fantastic, and the talent was incredible. I didn't know that high school students could sing so well. Sky View put the Idaho Falls District #91 musicals to shame.

The thing that was the most impressing to me was the fact that all of this talent came from one school. Idaho Falls had to scrounge through an entire district to find people who could string a few lines together and call it a song.

There's a lot of talent in this here valley and the people aren't afraid to put some money into it. With all of the talent and support of the sponsors I declare local high school musicals a success!

2 comments:

Justin said...

I'm sorry Jalayne but Grease is an awful show. Awful music, lousy story.

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

YAY for Jalayne!! Another one has jumped onboard the Twilight wagon!! I tell ya... it took me a little while to start reading the books too. But once I did I couldn't put them down. My husband can attest to that... I put off school and my household chores!! haha. But it was a great summer full of reading Twilight! You'll love the additional books too!! Can't wait to hear what you think about the rest of them!