Friday, November 14, 2008

The Return of JaLaurel MosHatcher



Over the summer, I introduced you to JaLaurel MosHatcher. During that introduction, Laurel was serving a mission in Greece. She has now returned to the States but has yet to return to Utah State. She is currently attending BYU and studying Human Resources. Provo isn't Logan, by any means, but she is enjoying her time there even if Provo is completely Jalayne-less.

We spent so much time together our freshman, sophomore, and junior years that I had a few withdrawals while she was gone. Now that she has returned, she decided to ease my pains and venture on up to Logan to visit me last weekend.

We started off our time together by attending a wedding reception to congratulate some friends and visit with a few people. We then headed back to my house where we made my favorite treat ever: Jenny's Stuff! This is a creation made up by Kim's freshman roommate, Jenny. Take a Hershy's bar, a pack of M&Ms, and a spoonful of peanut butter and melt them a little in the microwave. Then pour some Rice Krispies on top of the chocolatey-peanut buttery-goodness and top it off with marshmallows. Stick it back in the microwave and begin melting the creation. Watch carefully or else the mallows will explode in the microwave.

When the mallows have risen but not exploded...



...pull it out...



...and stir it up.



The final creation. (It may not look appetizing but it is one of the best treats I have ever had!)



We then continued our evening by watching "Lucky 7", a cheesy TV-made movie with Kimberly Williams-Paisley and Patrick Dempsey. As cheesy as it is, we both love it and Laurel wasn't able to watch it for eighteen months, so we satisfied her craving for it.



Enjoying the movie and a delicious bowl of Jenny's Stuff.



We finished our evening by watching "Sweet Home Alabama" and then went to bed around 2:00am. I don't remember the last time I went to bed that late. It was kind of fun! The next morning we slept in late, sat around the house, and headed to Old Grist Mill for lunch. They make the best sandwiches and cookies in Logan. We took it to a park and enjoyed a nice lunch together.



After lunch Laurel did homework and I took a nap. After a few hours we were both hungry again so we went to Takara Sushi for, you guessed it, sushi!



Laurel had a thing for the little sushi plates



We completed our evening with a walk and "27 Dresses". After church on Sunday, we went to a pot luck and went for a walk. On our walk, we took a few pictures...

We really wanted to jump in the leaves but we're too nice to ruin other peoples' piles, so I pretended like I was falling instead.



We walked past Laurel's favorite house...



...where they had a swing in their yard (how romantical!)



We took a few pictures in the leaves





Leaf Removal



We really wanted to watch "Enchanted" because Laurel hadn't seen it yet so it was my goal to find it and watch it. We searched everywhere for it. I called so many people before I finally found it. We watched the movie, had pancakes for dinner, and Laurel was on her way back to P-Town. It was a fabulous weekend full of laughter and memories. She wasn't quite convinced to return to Logan, but maybe someday. For now, JaLaurel MosHatcher will just have to exist over a span of a two hour drive.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm jealous of your Gristmill sandwiches and cookies! And I taught piano to the girl that lives in Laurel's favorite house. They were in our ward when Chris and I got married. I'm pretty sure they've moved though...

Anonymous said...

i love the leaves every where! They are so awesome. BTW, whatever you created, I think I have mixed emotions. That looked intense.

Beckie said...

These are some beautiful pictures my friend. And Jenny would be so proud of your free advertising for her "stuff."

Abby said...

Laners- i like your hair dark- it looks cute. I dyed my hair dark brown one time and it eventually turned orangy... hope that doesn't happen to you.
I cut my hair- I will be posting those soon- I just need to get the pics from my friend! Eek!! Crazy!
You could always cut your hair and if you hate it- just get extensions like those blackies :)