Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ch-Ch-Changin'

When I went to Spokane to visit Justin and Ashley, I decided to make a few changes. I know what you're thinking, "Jalayne, opting for change? The world must be going mad!" Before you fall completely off of your chair, just take a look at the two differences in my life...

This is what my hair color used to be and always has been (with the exception of a 28-day wash out dye that I did over a year ago)...



...until now. I decided to go darker. I am now a brunette!

o

That was kind of a big deal because I had never dyed my hair and I had never planned to. But I wanted to do something different and I am not quite ready to cut it off so I decided to dye it instead. Quite a few people have noticed and the majority of the responses have been quite positive. I really like it and I don't think I would mind being a brunette forever.

Now for the biggest change of all. Brace yourself. I have this blanket that was given to me by the Young Women in Danville right before I moved to Idaho Falls. This blanket was a huge comfort for me. That move was the hardest one of all and that blanket was my one and only tie with what I loved and missed so much. As I grew older, the attachment to the blanket grew but the reasons changed. I found comfort in the blanket and I got to the point where I couldn't sleep without it. I have taken the blanket to Spain, New York, camping, New Zealand, on road trips, every weekend I went home, etc. I washed the blanket once and I feared washing it again for fear that it would fall apart. The blanket is now not quite white anymore and my family would tease and tease and tease.

Here's the blanket:



While in Spokane, I decided to make myself a new blanket. Yes people, I have finally grown up, just a little bit.

My new blanket:



I spent last Sunday night in Idaho Falls where I slept with my pink blanket for the last time. I left the blanket at home and it is now retired. I am excited for the new adventures that I will get to experience with my new blanket.

Childish? Probably. Do I care? Not really. The fact that I decided to make these changes all by myself is some sign of maturity, yeah? I mean all this blanket talk makes me sound like I'm 3 or something but trust me, I really am 22.

3 comments:

Hatch Family said...

I LOVE your hair! It looks great! And the blanket is a nice change :-) haha

sandy said...

HEY JALAYNE- I THINK YOUR NEW COLOR IS MOST BEAUTIFUL ON YOU. YOUR NEW BLANKIE IS WONDERFUL AND FEEL FREE TO SLEEP WITH IT FOREVER. I STILL ALWAYS NEED A BLANKET ON ME, BUT I DON'T HAVE A FAVORITE. MAYBE I WILL MAKE A CUTE ONE LIKE YOUR.

Shurtliff Family said...

YOU DYED YOUR HAIR!!! How fun is that?! Your hair looks way cute from the pictures-- but I can't wait to see it over Thanksgiving because in person I'll get the real deal.

Love the blankie as well. We all sometimes sound like a little kid... I think it keeps us living longer!

Looking forward to seeing you!!