Thursday, March 19, 2009

167 Years



Myself, McKenzie, and Brooke headed out to Church College tonight for a birthday celebration in honor of the Relief Society's 167 years of organization.

The enrichment committee put together a wonderful carnival with several booths. We enjoyed a variety of fun games while getting to know some of the girls in the YSA ward. Everyone has been really nice and helpful. McKenzie and I have gone to church a couple of times and have gone to a few activities and we're both impressed with how friendly everyone is. The carnival tonight was great.

We had a hula-hoop contest, which I won!



We raced to see who could eat a cookie-on-a-string the fastest. After I put my blind fold on, I realized that all of the cookies in front of me were too high so I had to find another one. It was pretty tricky...McKenzie was the winner of this contest.





I wasn't expecting a picture after I finished



We bobbed for apples. Well, Brooke and McKenzie bobbed for apples (I don't usually participate in this activity-okay okay-I've never participated in this activity) Brooke was victorious in this event.





We shot little drops of paint through a plastic gun



We fished for suckers (Brooke won and McKenzie caught one but my efforts were futile)



Brooke and McKenzie got their faces painted (this is also an activity in which I don't participate-it qualifies as dressing up and I don't do that)



McKenzie and I enjoyed a hot dog with tomato sauce (not ketchup; ketchup here is really expensive so everyone uses tomato sauce and let me tell you what, it most certainly doesn't taste the same)



I've never seen a strand of wieners in real life, I thought it was just a made-up thing you see in the movies. But nope, they really exist.

1 comment:

Simply K said...

Wow, what an experience down there. You never think things are THAT different. That stinks about the whole ketchup deal. I love ketchup! But those dogs sure looked delicioso! :)