Saturday, March 14, 2009

A New PR: 137

First of all, I just want to say that I drove on the left hand side of the road for the first time today! My host family let me drive the car to church. Everything (except the foot pedals) is backwards in these cars. The indicators are on the right side of the steering wheel while the windscreen wipers are on the left side. The ignition is also on the right side (which is normal) but the key turns differently. In the 40-45 minute drive (round trip) I accidentally flicked the windscreen wipers instead of the indicator three times and I only got honked at twice. I felt pretty good about that...

On Friday night a few of the girls and I decided to hit the town. We went to Siam Delight for Thai food and then over to The BOWLevard for bowling. We had a wonderful time and I took some wonderful pictures. The bowling was a spur-of-the-moment kind of decision so only one of the five of us had socks. I absolutely HATE feet and I really struggle with sharing shoes (especially without socks) but I really really wanted to go bowling so I sucked it up...

...and wore bowling shoes sock less! I'm a little worried about Athlete's Foot and all kinds of other diseases but I am really striving to not be dramatic about it all



I went bowling...



...with McKell and Candace...



...and Alicia and Kim



We made sure to properly celebrate our strikes and spares with Toe Touches!



(please zoom in on Candace's face here so you can get the full effect)



Well, kind of Toe Touches



McKell's pathetic effort



Before Friday my personal record (PR) WAS 136 and it is NOW 137. I know, it's impressive! (It's a little blurry, it's true, but my score is the one on top!)



Amazingly enough, we all set PRs for ourselves. So we celebrated by going to The Londener and partaking in Chocolate Addiction (which was amazingly delicious)!


3 comments:

Candace said...

Curse my father. It's his fault my tongue goes out of my mouth when I do hard things. And curse my mother for not passing on her cheerleading skills. The awkwardness in this picture is their fault.

hayleemj said...

wow that is an impressive toe touch laney! you should have been a cheerleader in HS... haha! :)

Ben and Camille said...

That is REALLY good! I just went 2 days ago and got 104. My PR is 124 though. Now my goal is to get 138:)