Friday, April 11, 2008

Armless Sleep

I would love to experience armless sleep. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my arms from the moment I wake up until the moment I lay down to go to sleep at night. Once I'm all ready for bed (I've shed layers; I have now progressed to a T-shirt, pajama pants, and socks but with all of the blankets) I climb under my covers, pick the perfect position, and hope to fall asleep quickly. I start out on my back to relax (arms are not a problem in this position). I then roll over to my side (because I can't actually fall asleep on my back) and that's when the problem begins. I get comfortable under the covers and then I want to detach my arms and lay them next to my bed so that I can reattach them in the morning. I just don't know what to do with them!

If I put them under my pillow, my pillow gets all lumpy.

If I use them to prop my head in a comfortable position, my hands eventually fall asleep. There's nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night with fuzzy, tingling appendages.

If I curl them in a ball in front of me, something ends up aching in the morning. The many hours of bending and curling just aren't conducive to a good night's sleep.

If I stick them between my legs, it just feels weird.

I can't seem to find the ultimate comfortable arm position in bed. I don't think there is one. In all reality, the only solution is to detach my arms once I am comfortably under my covers. I sleep well most nights; but I would probably have the best night ever if only I could experience an armless sleep.

3 comments:

george & clarine review said...

Weird!!!!! gwh

Hannah said...

I agree completely, Jalayne. I've always thought that arms are completely inconducive to sleeping. There's something wrong about them wherever you put them.

Tawnya said...

Maybe when you grow up you could figure out a way to do something like that! ;)