Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Exercise Orb Chicken

Cassie and Colette both own exercise orbs, or exercise balls. I prefer exercise orb because I think orb is fun to say-orb-orb-orb-anyway...

Last semester Derrick hung out with us all the time (because he didn't have a girlfriend; I tell you what, those significant others ruin everything!) To entertain ourselves, we started playing on the exercise orbs. We started playing one Friday night and we just couldn't get enough of it!Nobody could match Derrick's and my levels of competition so we competed against each other. The point of the game: balance on the exercise orb and try to push the other person off without falling off yourself.



This is Larry and Derrick playing. When Larry started out, he had a hard time balancing. Derrick instructed him, "You need to straddle it more!" And Larry's very quotable response, "But that hurts your area!"

We played this for a long time. It started to get boring so we would think of new ways to practice balancing on the orbs. We tried sitting, we tried balancing on our stomachs, we tried lots of things. One day, I was just playing around and rolling on the ball while on my stomach. I rolled forward and lost my balance, but Larry was there to catch me. It would have been an extremely awkward catch though, so I rolled to the side and BONK, my lower lip hit the corner of the chair. Not only did my lip hit the chair, but it skidded across the fabric resulting in a burn on my lip. I have always had a fear of facial wounds (I have always pitied the people that have them. I guess I am just insecure with my face and I don't want to make it look any worse if I can help it) and I had just received my first one. The inside of my lip was bruised and swollen and very sore. It didn't look nearly as bad as it felt.


Once I healed, we continued with our competitions (a little bit more hesitantly, I might add). We had good times; and then Derrick met Celeste...needless to say, our days of Exercise Orb Chicken were over.

Over the last couple of weeks we have made new friends:
Richard and Ray

We introduced them to Exercise Orb Chicken, but it just didn't take as well with them as it did with Derrick and myself. On Sunday Derrick came down to visit (I thought it was out of the kindness of his heart but he was locked out-DUMB). I had talked up this game so much Richard demanded to see the professionals compete. Derrick and I accepted the challenge and play we did. It had just been too long! I haven't maintained my balancing skills and it's true...Derrick dominated; but we had a good time.

Cassie gave it a try, too.

Once Derrick got into his house, the game was over. I should practice a little bit-I want a rematch!

3 comments:

Clark Hatch said...

Do I qualify as one of those people that you pitty?

Jalayne said...

hahahahaha I forgot about your scar, Bud! Sorry, but yah...you do...

Tawnya said...

Your blog is so funny to read. I don't take a lot of time reading very many people's blogs but yours I can't help myself. By the way, I had a pretty good facial experience. My roommates toot collided with my forehead and resulted in a giant gash on top of a nice goose egg, right between the eyes. That was nice. I had to keep a band aid on it to keep it from getting infected. I don't know which was better, the band aid or the actual cut.